It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Date Rice Krispie Cookies and White Marshmallow Candy

Date Rice Krispie Cookies

 

This is more like a candy then a cookie.  Jim’s sister Phyllis gave me this recipe in the 70′s.  Phyllis didn’t cook much from scratch but she had some really great goodie recipes.  I really miss her!

 

Melt 1/2 pound margarine, then add 1 pound cut up dates.  Beat 2 eggs and add with 1 cup of sugarBoil all ingredients together for 5 minutes over medium heat stirring constantly.  Let cool.

Put mixture in a large bowl.  Add 5 cups rice krispies.  Mix together.  With buttered hands  roll into balls and coat the balls with chopped pecans or coconut.

Posted in Cookies

And if you want another recipe to use up the Rice Krispies I have another one.

********************************************************

White Marshmallow Candy

Quantcast

Every year at Christmas time at home I would take a tray of goodies to my dentist’s office.  Would you believe this was their favorite   My daughter gave me this recipe a long time ago. 

  • 2 lbs. white bark  (Instead of the white bark you may use Nestlé's white chocolate chips)
  • 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
  • 3 cups crisp rice cereal
  • 2 cups miniature marshmallows (the colored ones make this candy look festive)

Melt bark and peanut butter together in microwave in a large bowl.  Stir every minute until melted. Add nuts and cereal to the melted mixture.  Stir in marshmallows.  Drop by teaspoonful on wax paper and let cool.  Freezes well so you can make this way ahead.

Posted in Candy

***********************************************************************

I have decided the date cookie is what I am making for the cookie exchange next week.  Thanks Liz for inviting me again!!

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

21 comments:

  1. Great recipes, Beth! Thank you so much for sharing them! I will be adding them to my collection.

    Stay warm!

    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all my cakes and breads you've inspired me to make more cookies and candy! I will make fudge today. Can't do crunchy stuff though - teeth inadequate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick and easy Beth...it's right up my alley...I am not into time consuming recipes. Hope you are feeling well and enjoying yourself. We are in for much colder air...the wind was low this morning , so that helped somewhat. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are big fans of rice krispy treats! I love that you're sharing delicious recipes! Hubby was so excited over the chicken 'n dumplings!
    Hope you're having a great day! Stay safe and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, they both sound so good and easy too! The first one looks very familiar, I do believe my grandmother may have made this very one! Thanks for sharing. Have fun with your exchange. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Rice Krispies treats. Haven't had them in years. Your recipe sounds good, but I can't make it–at least not for me. I can't eat nuts, even though I am nuts.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound like great recipes...pictures please, I enjoy pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for that first recipe because I remember having that often when growing up. I had no idea what to call them or how to look for them. Your recipe sounds very good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both sound good and easy to make. I see I'm not the only one who brings goodies to their dentist! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Yum! My Mom used to make a date cookie bar and it was so good- This sounds a lot like it in cookie form- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just came across that last recipe in an old church cookbook. But darn it I can't find those marshmellows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun! :) Bertie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not seen those marshmallow in a long time...I remember that candy..thanks ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm pleased you wrote Nestle there for I was wondering what white bark was :) I will google it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of the date one before it sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sure wish I lived closer to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's amusing that you brought a tray of sweets to your dentists office.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Lovely Cookies my favourite pass time xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You are ambitious! But it is always nice you gave goodies around the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)