It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Suddenly it’s Saturday…

Busy week for me what with cleaning and garage sales.  This morning I started out to Kroger and couldn’t resist the temptation to go down 11th Street and check out the sale where the books were.  Yes, I did, I bought some more books.  I think the find of the day was a hardback by Michael Connelly that contained all 3 books in the Harry Bosch series.   Only a quarter!  I was told I could come back at 10 and everything would be half price.  Nope, had to say enough is enough!  lol

I did make my way on to Kroger and I have the chicken cooking now for the noodles.  I also bought strawberries and red grapes.  I intend to have some strawberry shortcake with my meal.  I was going to buy some of the red cherries that were on sale but there were none in the store.  Anyway, I am cooking today and will have a decent meal for a change.

It is sunny and going to be very hot and humid here today, up to the low 90s.  That is getting into the kind of Illinois weather that I don’t like.

This post is short as I have to get back to the kitchen.  I hope you all are having a great day.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

13 comments:

  1. Sounds if you had a Great time at the sales again Beth. Enjoy your warm spell, not here cool and very cloudy looks like a spot of rain coming in. I will catch you later , will be away for a week.
    Enjoy your weekend that meal sounds tasty.
    Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the beginning of a great weekend! I always love starting Saturday with a good booksale! Chicken sounds great...we shop at Kroger here in Arizona here too, only here Kroger stores are called "Fry's". Have a wonderful Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a deal. I'm afraid to go to yard sales. I have more books now than I have room for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! strawberry shortcake~ We have one or two days of sun then its back to days and days of gloom...UGH!
    Have a great weekend!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberry shortcake! That's one of my favorite spring/summer deserts! You sure can't beat the price of the books you bought! I'm very much sold on the Kindle now however there are still some books I like that I can't find on it...right now I'm reading a lot of free stuff that's available on it...maybe you can beat the price! Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, books! I love them too. I've noticed lately that I read slower than I used to. I don't know what that's about, but I'll never stop reading, as long as I'm on this planet. Enjoy that meal tonight. It sounds good. BGB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth

    I spent quite a lot of time in the kitchen today, with the boys. Making Ice Cream (haven't done that before) and various other sweet tarts and things. Not good for my calorie counting. It is still like October here, no 90 degrees for us.

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have a hard time leaving books behind, too.

    Chicken with noodles and strawberry shortcake! Yum! I'll be right there!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 90s here today, too. Bleh! Too hot for me!
    More books, though--always good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. CHERRIES! You know how I am with cherries. I could eat 2 pounds at once if I didn't mind bustin' wide open. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an great deal on those books. Your dinner sounds yummy. I hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your having a good week end Beth
    Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this time of year with fresh strawberries so easy to find. Chicken and noodles sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)