It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, June 29, 2012

Heavenly Orange Fluff Recipe…

Heavenly Orange Fluff

"Our Daily Bread" cookbook with recipes from the ladies of the First United Methodist Church, Champaign IL. 1982

  • 2  small packages orange Jell-O
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 cup juice from pineapple and mandarin oranges, heated to boiling
  • 1 small can frozen orange juice
  • 1 20 oz.  can crushed pineapple
  • 2 cans mandarin oranges

Use 13X9 pan.

 

In large bowl, mix Jell-O, boiling water and juice from pineapple and mandarin oranges that you have heated to boiling. Add pineapple, mandarin oranges and the frozen undiluted orange juice. Put in the 13X9 pan. Chill until thick, then add topping.

Topping:

1 small package lemon instant pudding mixed with 1 cup of cold milk. Fold in 2 cups of Cool Whip. Spread on top of Jell-O salad.

********************************************************************************

I am sharing another recipe from my recipe site as it its so hot here my brain isn’t functioning properly.

I did go out for just a little while this morning and went to 3 yard sales where I found a few books and another old cook booklet,

Have a wonderful weekend, be cool and stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

14 comments:

  1. Nice recipe I like the change up with the lemon topping. Might try this soon.My step-grandmother made one in strawberry that was similar. Hope you are staying cool over the weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a productive yard sale trip...good for you!! the .25 books are my favorite finds!
    I remember growing up with that fluff recipe..and someone always bringing it on picnics..yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MIL adds shredded cheese to hers... Yes it sounds well?? But it is actually really good. Wishing you a calm, cool weekend :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds particularly refreshing today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds good for a hot day.
    A hot one here today too. I am thankful for AC today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy, our grandchildren will love this fluffy goodness. I hope you have a wonderful weekend xo P.S. I'm having a party at Katherines Corner today and just a reminder that the giveaway is ending

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm... I'm not big on Jell-O, but this sounds like it could be really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth,

    Feel for you being so hot. It is a little cooler here today, but still humid which gives me a headache.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful, cooling recipe that I am going to try very soon! In fact, it would be very good to serve to the adult day care at my church!

    Yes, we have heat here, too. May even set another record high today. It helps that the humidity isn't too high. We are staying in and drinking water.

    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds awesome, Beth!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too hot to be out, but this sounds refreshing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You has lovely favorite Orange Fluff have a cool weekend.
    I am so cold in here ....
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I recall my mom making this -- and that I liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this recipe! The garage sale finds sound good, too!
    Stay cool & have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)