It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, May 18, 2012

Fabulous Friday…

fab·u·lous/ˈfabyələs/

Adjective:

  1. Extraordinary, esp. extraordinarily large.
  2. Amazingly good; wonderful.

Synonyms:

fabled - mythical - fantastic - fantastical – legendary

My daughter and I used this sunny warm day to make a trip to my old home.  The purpose of the trip was to visit Jim’s grave and put new flowers on it.  I was happily surprised to see that my friend Jo had been keeping flowers on the grave.  She is such a good friend.  We stopped by her trucking company on the way into town and had a visit with her.  Next we stopped at my friend Sherri’s beauty salon for a hug and picture.

017

Sherri is as pretty as ever.  I have known her since she was a child and she was my beautician until I moved.

Next door to Sherri’s shop is where the theater burned down in 2007.  Now it is a lovely sight with a brand new makeover.

011

Then I took a couple of pics so you could see my tiny little town that I left for this city of one way streets downtown.

014   019

Where you see construction in the second pic is where one of the wealthiest guys in town has purchased the whole block and is doing some building/remodeling.  I remember when he was a kid and used to visit in our house.

Next I stopped by the specialty pharmacy where my friend Sandi works.  Sandi was my next door neighbor for many years.  I think I miss her most of all.

I noticed on the way to and from that there are many wind turbines.  The locals call them wind farms.  It was hard to get a pic from a moving car and

007

this is the best one I got.

Then we visited Jim’s grave for a few minutes and I said goodbye again

On the way home we stopped at the Country Kettle in Gibson City for lunch.  It was very good.

I hope you all are having a good day.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

11 comments:

  1. Oh Twin, I know how much you have been looking forward to this trip and I'm so glad you got to go. You have had a wonderful trip and day with bittersweet thrown in.

    I hope YOU are continuing to have a good day, Twin and that the night is good too. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when we drove up into a farmer's yard to get a picture of the wind turbines? But that was yesterday and yesterdays gone. Bye now Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember that. Marcia wouldn't do that for me. LOL

      Delete
  3. Glad you got to go visit old friends and neighbors. That sure is a pretty little town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice visit back to your former home. Glad you had such a good time and nice weather. And it sounds like good food, too. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the word study, Beth.:) It sounds like you really did have a "fabulous Friday!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were you a teacher? If so, I would bet you were great at it! Love your old town...how could you ever leave with good friends like that and such a cute little town....so pretty! Your beautician looks like she would be a lot of fun while she's doing your hair....and you look as sweet as my own mom. Loved this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You having a wonderful time with Sherri all ways.
    It was a long time before 2007 after you having with your daughter.
    I thinking about you for all good time.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like an incredible day Beth, I'm so glad for you. Very enjoyable pictures too might I add!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had a chance to visit your former home. I'm sure it meant a lot to be there. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Day Beth good for you, who's that good looking woman , you look a picture of health.
    Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)