It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, April 27, 2012

Chilly Friday…

at 51 degrees and windy.  It was brrrr cold this morning in the 30s when I first got up.

My daughter and I went to Kohl’s and nosed around.  My daughter bought me a lovely St Louis Cardinal shirt for Mother’s Day.

003

I am one of their biggest fans.  I love baseball.

But before that we stopped at a church rummage sale where I found this lovely whatever you want to call it.  I have decided to use it to hold some of my cds.  At home I had beautiful built in oak shelves that Jim had built for me to store books and cds.  They were hooked to the wall so they had to go with the house.  Jim loved to work in wood.  I have so many lovely things that he made for me.  Rae’s husband is a master wood crafter and he worked with Jim in the beginning.  When I moved I had so many things (furniture) etc. that Jim had made for me.  I brought it all with me as I couldn’t bear to sell any of it.  Jim could take pieces of old things from a sale and they were beautiful when he finished putting them together, but the nicest things are the things he built from scratch.  I have a two bedroom place so it is kind of crowded.  One of these days I will let my kids take some of it.  For now these things comfort me.

002

I have just started organizing the Cds.  Lots more to go.

I hope your day is being good to you.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

12 comments:

  1. That IS a nice piece. I understand the comfort of having special things surround you. I like the case and that is quite a collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They predicted we'd hit the upper 50s today but it's almost 3pm and it's still only 48 degrees--and raining. Oh well.
    That's a lovely shirt for somebody who likes sports...and a pretty wooden CD case. Hope your day went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful piece of furniture. Beautiful hand made furniture is a real treasure, and you are so fortunate to have had a husband talented in that area. Love your new sweatshirt too. I'm not a baseball fan exactly, but I love cardinals (the birds.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,

    Your acquisitions look good. Nice shirt and cabinet.

    Thank you for all your encouragement. Hope you are feeling better after all your tests.

    Have a good weekend, hope it warms up there and here!!

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth, it's cool here as well, supposed to warm up on tomorrow. Hope it warms up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see what people can do with wood...I have to say I've never been a master so it's all the more impressive to see what real masters can do. It's cold and clammy here...likely that will stretch beyond the weekend...sigh. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are truly blessed that Jim left you with so many things he made with his hands to remember him by....and to remember all the love he put into those things for you.

    I love your cabinet! That's really pretty with all the arches! I store my cds and dvds in a buffet hutch that was my grandmother's and grandfather's. It's a big, heavy piece of furniture and has a lot of gawdy carvings in it, but it makes me feel like a little part of them is still here with me. I would never get rid of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun day. Have a good weekend! BGB

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a lovely piece of furniture Beth ,you must show us some of Jim's handy work, love to see them. I can see that you will get an awful lot of cd's in there to. We are set for a very bad Sunday here , heavy rain and winds due in tomorrow. Flood warnings going out also in some areas.
    Hope you weekend is a good one stay warm.
    Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it Sis..very useful and nice to look at. I hear what you say about having things around you. Sure do miss that. I hardly know where anything is now days. Just found out my girlfriend has had my lost recipe box for 7 months. No wonder I couldn't get around to baking anything. Can't wait to see it again.
    In case it is a long time before I get back HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  11. No too warm her either Beth, I do like your CD holder, it's what I'd call a 'what-not' very useful

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really is nice. Wish I had something like that as CD's are stacked all over here. Yes, you must show us some of the lovely things Jim made for you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)