It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Saturday, March 24, 2012

My fourth night…

with the ‘thing’ was a little better for me.  For one thing I adjusted the straps so snugly that I had two grooves in my cheeks this morning but at least the air didn’t leak out and I got a much better nights sleep.  I can see this ‘thing’ is going to take some major getting used to.

It is chilly this morning at 49 degrees.  I turned on the furnace for a little bit to take the damp chill out of the house.  We had quite a downpour and some lightning last evening.  The sun is shining brightly this morning and it is to get up to mid 60s today.

Change of plans today.  Because of having to work till 1:30AM this morning my son won’t be here till tomorrow.  That is doable for me, just make a few minor adjustments.

My car is a 2002 Buick LeSabre,  I have a little over 85,000 miles on it.  I remember how excited Jim and I were when we first bought it.  Occasionally I think about buying a new car and then I think, what the heck, my car still chirps and text messages me.  For one week now each time I fasten the seat belt and turn the ignition I hear 3 short chirps.  The first time I thought what now, then I looked at my msg center and I read “Please add windshield washer fluid as it is low.”  Now how is that for a 10 year old car?  It still loves me, however I have always been and always will be recognized as the second driver.  My car tells me this each time I turn it on.

OK, now what to do to keep busy today?  I can’t cook anything else until tomorrow morning.  My daughter and son in law will stop by after church to eat with us.  I have asked my SIL to bring a gallon of windshield washer fluid with him.  lol

You all stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day. We shared your lightening and boy, we got gushers of rain. That wasn't too bad a hitch to yours and your sons plans. He'll be there tomorrow. have fun, enjoy and all of you have a great weekend. xoxoxo Twin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that kind of car Sis. I would love it to tell me things so I don't worry over it so much. I am glad it "LOVES" you!! We didn't get such a bad storm, I think it all went south of us. Boy this cold is sure a shock to the system..my sinus is craving the warmth back. LOL Take care and have a nice weekend with your Son. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our roofs were all frosted this morning. Such weird weather! The state extended the time that studded tires have to be removed by two weeks. We get all excited when the sun is out.

    Enjoy your weekend. Beach Gal Bertie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that sleeping with "the thing," is getting better. Hope you can avoid the marks on your face, and still get a good night's sleep though.

    So cute, the way your (*olden*) car recognizes you, and all. :-)

    "All gardening is landscape painting."
    ~William Kent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did your Buick remind you to get ice cream??
    I hope I don't read next you duct taped that thing on. Have a nice day and I am excited for you to see your son tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cool and gloomy here today but the rest of the week looks pretty good. I'm sorry that it's taking so long to get used to the thing...I bet that eventually you'll get there. Nice to have a visit to look forward to. Our car is a year older than yours. I keep toying with the idea of getting a stereo in it that will work with my i-touch...not today I think. Bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth, the marks will go away quick. The thing that matters is that you get some wonderful sleep, and be very nice and fresh in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth,

    Clever car and your thingey sounds intriguing - Hope you have a blessed weekend

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cool car!!! Makes me think of Kit from Knight Rider....my hubby LOVED that tv show in the 80's! Why would you want to EVER get rid of a car that watched out for you?

    I hope you have a wonderful time with your family tomorrow..and that you have the perfect, sunny, but not to warm day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're beginning to get used to the thingy. it's good to hear about your experiences and learn from them. See, you're helping the rest of us out, who are just steps away from getting our own thingy!

    Have a wonderful visit with your son and enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My car is full of what they call "electronic nanny's". I have to admit I find most of them annoying. How did I manage all those years before I never ran out of gas. I always buckle my seat belt. In the early 80's Chrysler cars had talking cars who would remind you your door wasn't completely shut "Your door is ajar.".

    I have missed a few posts due to my swinging lifestyle.I gather you had a sleeping problem but I see you have a corrective device. Oh Beth I'm just babbling now. It's about 6:35 Sunday morning. I need a second cup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice car, keeping your informed and up to date so you don't have to worry you brain about such things. I asked my SIL about his thing, he says the mask is the most difficult part to get used to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a reliable little care Beth . Glad to hear your sleeping has improved, I hope you get used to the machine. Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)