It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, March 2, 2012

Back by popular demand…

The countdown to Spring stands at 17 days, 18 if you count the 2oth.

I am just home from a visit to the doctor’s office.  I am being set up for an endoscopy. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/upperendoscopy/  I have had several of these before as I suffered from bleeding ulcers when I was younger and working in a stressful job.  So even though I know what to expect I am not looking forward to it at all.  At least it is not as bad as the colonoscopy which I had done 2 years ago.

On the way home my daughter and I stopped and ate at Grumpy Pete’s.  The food was only so so today.  The reason given us was that the owner has been in and out of the hospital several times lately with pancreatitis.  I know what this is.  My sister died of pancreatic cancer after several pancreatic attacks.  I wish him well.

It was pouring down rain all of the way to the doctor’s office.  I got pics from inside the car as we were crossing the McClugage Bridge.

001  002

And coming home when the rain was slowing down in preparation for cooler temps and maybe some snow later on today.

006  008

All for now as I am exhausted.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

15 comments:

  1. Twin, glad you got by Grumpy Pete's before starting home. Here a tornado went thru Knoxville & my boys are all ok. Unfortunately we have more to look for till wee hours of Saturday.
    Didn't you have an endoscopy a few months ago? Myst they do tnat all over again? Sending warm hugs & and prayers. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been quite a few years since I had an endoscopy. In the past few months I have had 2 stress tests, 2 echo cardiograms and a kidney stenosis. Plus an untold amount of aggravation in addition to the sleep studies. Let's face it, I am over the hill and not liking it at all. lol

    I am glad you are all OK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with that test Beth. Here it has been gloomy for about four days...YUCK! hope the sun shines for you soon!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had one of those, but any test is no fun. Good luck. I'll keep you in prayers friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you have to endure more of those nasty tests. I do hope they all come out okay and they can leave you the heck alone. Today was tragic and just plain nasty. So glad you are safe there. Worry so about so many of us in the path of those horrible storms. Hope the weekend is calm for us all. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all the tests turn out alright. They seem to like lookin at you from both ends. Glad you are safe and I read carol and boys are ok too. I hope you have a nice weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope they find what is causing you pain. And I pray it's something they can treat easily.

    So sorry all of you are having such non-agreeable,if not horrid, weather. I will try to send some of our mild spring like weather your way!!! With a hug and a pray....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck Beth with those tests I do hope this can be treated for you. That Journey looks awful so glad you are home and dry. Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's some rain! Wow! I've also heard of the severity of pancreatic issues...yikes! The countdown continues my friend! God bless you, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will always believe that the greatest wealth that anyone can have is that of good health! It is amazing how sometimes in life great things can come from such scary things. Stay positive! Hang in there and good luck!
    I do like rain, except when I am caught out in it or driving thru it. Hoping better days are ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Seth. I agree with you. If I could go back 25 years I would take better care of my health.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your Endoscopy goes well, not a pleasant experience, That weather looks real mean as you would say, we had our first rain to-day for some time, I got soaked taking the dogs out, but now that we're back home and dried off, the sun's shining,!
    Take care and look after YOU.X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to see the countdown back!
    Now that is pouring rain!
    I hope all goes well for you with your endoscopy.
    You have sure been put through the mill lately!
    Hope you have had a relaxing weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best of luck with the coming testing!!! I just had a Colonoscopy, and all was well. Wheeew... We must not worry, but we do, a wee bit, because we are human. :-)

    And guess what? Being a few days shy of 75, my doc said I'd not have to have another. -grin-

    I just discovered your blog. Came to say Hi. Hope when you get the chance, you'll pop into my blog, and take a look. If you like what you see, perhaps I'll have a new Dear Reader. :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    "Auntie"
    Upper North East of our Beloved Country

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)