It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Monday, January 23, 2012

57 days…

and counting down.  It is 36 degrees out now, very windy and the temps are to be falling all day.  The temp has fallen 9 degrees since I got up early this morning.

I am back from the fasting lab and breakfast at Bob Evans.  The home fries were cold and not cooked so I sent them back.  The poor waitress was so flustered she kept apologizing.  I told her it wasn’t her fault and I left her a bigger tip.  I feel so sorry for the waitress/waiter as they have to depend on tips.  And probably what is wrong back in the kitchen is that the cooks are minimum wage that are just putting in their 8 hours, or maybe they aren’t even given a full week so they don’t have to be paid benefits.  My son waited on tables for a few years while he was going to Parkland and I know how they have to depend on tips for their salary. 

I am not pitching in to do anything earthshattering today as I just don’t have the energy for it.  Tomorrow I want to go out early to Bergner’s to check out the clearance sales.  Other than that, tomorrow I will be making the chicken and dumplings.  Plus there is always the dreaded bathroom to clean and laundry to do.  Someone asked me once why I called it the dreaded bathroom.  The reason is because I hate cleaning the bathroom the most of all of the cleaning. In my old house I had one huge bathroom and a small bathroom.  This bathroom is really tiny in comparison but I still hate to clean it.

In another few weeks I will ask my daughter to come over and give me a hand with spring cleaning.  My daughter is such a joy and I am so thankful to be living close by when I seem to be needing family more than ever.

I hope you all have a good week.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

10 comments:

  1. We sell Bob evans stuff at my store (not that I own it) but I have never tried it. I stay away from all pre-made foods as there is a ton of salt in everything. It all adds up. So far I have been good at avoiding that stuff (for the last 5 years) and have not gained back any of the weight that I lost.
    Kind of crappy weatherwise but it is getting warmer relatively speaking. Tomorrow it will approach 50. Very odd winter so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like family being close when they are willing to help out when you discover you need it.
    We got snow! I wish we wouldn't have gotten the ice, too. But we did finally get more than a dusting of snow.
    Stay warm and safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dumplins. Cleaning bathrooms is nobody's fav thing to do. I wish you a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOHHHHH....chicken and dumplings!!!! My momma used to cook those just for me! I love dumplings!!! I would be willing to bet your daughter will be there bright and early to help clean just so she can smell them cookin'!!! As far as bathroom cleaning, my Hubby has taken over the responsibility since he retired and I am still working. He also has taken over the laundry. I am lucky. I didn't ever really mind cleaning the bathroom though....and since he has taken over, the shower wall has collected soap scum that he doesn't clean, but I dare not say anything....he might stop doing the cleaning he does do. lol Stay warm and eat a second helping of chicken and dumplings for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was for years so I know exactly how yours felt. It's not a easy job at all and you're the one who hears the complaints. Their tips are suppose to bring them up to minimum wage levels but it doesn't always happen. Cleaning bathrooms is the pits. Mine needs it too but I've been avoiding it. I know I can't avoid it too much longer though. Maybe I'll wait until the kids move out lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your breakfast, but you are such a sweetie to think of her! You really my dear are lovely!

    I so HATE cleaning the bathroom also, these days I'm so pooped that most of the cleaning about kills me. I need to get more energy.

    The dumplings sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's the thing about bathrooms (and why we hate them):
    You go in there to clean one little thing. You look around and say, oh --that needs it too. And then Oh, THAT needs it too-- and suddenly it's 2 hours later and you're still in the bathroom.

    LOL

    Chicken and dumplings are always good winter fare. You're blessed to have a daughter. I have a son, and they don't DO spring cleaning.

    Glad you got to breakfast after the lab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been quite a bit warmer here but there's a high wind advisory in effect...better than what those poor folks back east got with the tornadoes...I can't complain. I've really loved getting out and walking again but my foot is killing me...not sure if I'll be able for it tomorrow. Bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dumplings my Mum used to make them great memories. I in the middle of a summer clean out and have more mess then when I started. Enjoy your day my friend.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Beth glad your fasting is over and you sort of had a good breakfast , as you say poor waitress.. It's hard work working in the catering business. Chores oh yikes they seem to be catching up on me again.
    Enjoy your day and love the sound track.
    Hugs Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)