It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Snow flurries only…

and that was enough for me.  I got my Christmas trees out yesterday, cleaned the living room thoroughly and I was exhausted,  Not nearly as much energy as I thought I had.  So the rest can wait for awhile.  Today is laundry day again, having changed the bedding there are 3 loads of it.  YUCK!!  If my ship ever comes in I am going to have a maid.  LOL  Never happen!!

It is beautiful today though.  Bright sunshine and 23 degrees right now and no breeze at all.  Just a perfect almost winter day.  Snow is in the forecast again for Thursday night.  Not too much I hope. 

I have decided on the recipe I am going to make for the cookie exchange. 

Fudge Puddles

My friend Joyce gave me this recipe. These cookies are delicious!

•1/2 cup butter, softened

•1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

•1/2 cup sugar

•1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)

•1 egg

•1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

•1 & 1/4 cups flour

•3/4 teaspoon baking soda

•1/2 teaspoon salt

Fudge filling:

•1 cup milk chocolate chips

•1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

•1 can sweetened condensed milk

•1 teaspoon vanilla extract

•chopped peanuts

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, gradually add to creamed mixture. Chill for at least 1 hour.

Shape into 48 balls, 1 inch each. Place in lightly greased mini muffin tins. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 14 – 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2 deep indentation in the center of each ball. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

For filling, melt chocolate chips in the microwave a few seconds or until melted. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until smooth. Fill each shell with filling. Sprinkle with peanuts. Leftover filling can be stored in the fridge and served warm over ice cream.

I will have to make 2 batches of these. 

Gotta go check my laundry.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

13 comments:

  1. Good morning Beth,
    I hope not too much snow as you wish though it would be nice everything in your way?
    In here you having a beautiful atmosphere for the Christmas season with beautiful songs that I like very much.
    I think I better go to bed 2.48AM.
    You have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting all that effort into decorating calls for delicious recipes like that don't you think? I know that makes it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipe copied to my cook book file, thank you very much! Heavy rain and plunging temps here with a couple of inches of snow in the overnight forecast. Sure hope it doesn't freeze over first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH that sounds SO good. I am too lazy though so I'll do my chocolate peanut clusters. Easy as pie. They ate them up within minutes when I brought them in to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally had my attention when I saw the word "fudge". I LOVE CHOCOLATE! I'm going to have to try that recipe. :)

    Cleaning house is hard work - no matter your age or how much energy you have! I've about decided to divide my house into sections, assigning each room a day that it gets the "major" clean, while the other rooms only get picked up on the other days. I'm not a fan of house cleaning, but I like my house to be clean... and since I'm the one that has to do it, I guess I'd just better get used to it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOly Moly those treats sound great.. not making cookies much this year but wow I am saving this one too.. Say SIS..if you need a maid let me know I will help you for FREE.. ^j^
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so ambitious to even tackle cookies. I'm giving my Kitchen Aide to our daughter and son-in-law because I'm just not up to making cookies this year. Cold up here - in the 20's and a blast is coming down from Canada, so get ready.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have the sweet tooth, so that means the dentist didn't pull it. That recipe sounds jist right for a sweet tooth. Thank you Beth for the kindness in my mailbox ;-) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh those sound sinfully delicious!!
    Hope your laundry day went just fine. Nothing like having clean sheets to crawl into at night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloomy day here weather wise. Well now those cookies do sound tasty. My problem is eating cookies, cake, whatever, until it's gone, as quickly as possible. The weather has been unseasonably warm until today but we haven't seen the 20's yet... ok, it's late. I'm babbling. Good night Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cookies sound wonderful. But I don't cook much anymore. We both limit ourselves on sweets: well atleast we try not to tempt ourselves at our age. But we do allow ourselves to be tempted by others. ;o) bertieblue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cookies sounds good Beth I may just add those to my list. Hope the sunshine is out but hope you don't get too much snow. Sweet tooth is the order of the day this time of year. Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blessings.....
    Fudge Puddles I don't think i have ever had that.

    hmmmm, perhaps i'll try it.
    rhapsody

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)