It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday and off again..

to another doctor appointment.  This one here in town so I can go by myself.

It is a beautiful morning checking in right now at 39 degrees.  It is to reach the upper 50s this afternoon,

Something is being done to my front yard yesterday and today.  I have no idea what.  I did notice the stuff they threw in the front yard last night cut a path into the new dirt and grass.  Still no leaf raking and I was told by one of the maintenance guys that the leaves are never raked here.  The corner house across the street is getting a new roof put on today.  My driveway has been really busy.

002

003

I was selected for an award  by http://mamawsplace4.blogspot.com/.  Thanks!  I am to tell 7 things about myself and choose 15 people to award this to.  This is a hard thing to do so I would ask that any of my blogging friends that wants this award to please take it to share on your blog along with a 7 thing tell all.  lol

TELLMEABOUTYOURSELFAWARD

Seven things about me that I am sure you already know.

  1. I was born in Missouri in a log cabin.
  2. I grew up in Western Illinois.
  3. I had 4 sisters and 3 brothers.  Only 2 are still living, a younger brother and a younger sister.
  4. I married the love of my life, Jim.  We had 50 wonderful years together before he died in 2006.
  5. I love people, I can usually find something to like about most people I meet.
  6. I love living.
  7. And most importantly of all, I have a great faith in God, that he will walk beside me and guide me in the right direction.

Beth

14 comments:

  1. Good morning! Born in a log cabin huh? How cool is that! Do you have a picture of it? I'd love to see it. Good luck with the doctor. I hope you get only good news.
    Take care and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you have a really neat giant gopher digging in your yard. Boy, I'd sure want to know what's up with that too. Enjoyed your 7 things and wish you happiness in the upcoming holiday season! Christmas is always so much fun---love the holiday music, which we only hear at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth,

    Hope your doctor's visit goes well. Think I knew most of what you shared, but don't remember about the log cabin.

    Hugs Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this breath of fresh air holiday blog you have going here.Hope your appt goes well for you and things are good.As long as there are not three guys looking into the hole you are okay..that usually means something drastic wrong. I can honestly say I did not remember that you were born in a log cabin..that was a surprise! Hope the rest of your week goes well well well.. Take care Sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the appointment goes well too. Popular driveway eh? I did not know about the log cabin. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, nice and toasty for you...it's 24 here right now which is a stark reminder of where I live and just how long and bitter the winter can be. Congrats on the award. I think you're quite deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a good news from the your doctor
    I know you are get sick of seen a doctor but not in next month.
    Enjoy your 7 things!!
    Please take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck at the Doc's today. We always have tons of leaves from the neighbors yards.its due to the way the wind blows. Great list!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like JoAnne, I get tons of leaves from the trees/yard across the street. Makes me mad as I have plenty of my own, thank you.

    You home ad OK today? xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the doctor visit goes well.
    Wonder what they are doing in your yard??
    I'm newer to your blog so I didn't know all those things. :)
    I just did one of these not too long ago, so I shall pass.
    Looks cold on your new header picture. Winter is definitely here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doctors, doctors, doctors. Gets tiring doesn't? But so necessary. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your Doctors Appointment goes well for you . A lovely day there good to hear especially after your snow storm. Born in a Log cabin that's interesting. Yesterday here was a lovely sunshiny day but the rain is back today. Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope things went smoothly at the Doctor's...

    I like your answers to the "Tell Me" award... Wow.. a log cabin... Hope it wasn't quite as "rustic" as it sounds!

    I'm sad your husband passed away - 50 years together is a blessing. I know you have some wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's nice to meet you. Admiral's mom (Carole) recommended your blog to me. I've been trying to follow you from my personal blog (Parkinson's Disease) rather than from my cat's blog (Mariodacat). I think I've finally succeeded. Now if only I can figure out how to remove Mariodacat from following you. Technology is never easy.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)