It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Saturday, July 2, 2011

‘The social media trial of the century nears its climax’

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43606828/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

I confess, I have watched nearly all of the trial.  I have followed it on HLN and TRU TV, I have followed it on Twitter.  How does someone get so caught up in something?  Sad thing to say that mother’s here in the US have murdered their children before and Nancy Grace didn’t feature them on her show almost daily for the last 3 years.  Leonard Padilla an unknown bounty hunter, has become world famous (or infamous?) because of this young lady (Casey Anthony) allegedly murdering her two year old daughter, Caylee. Cindy Anthony (Casey’s mother) was proven on the stand yesterday to have committed perjury trying to take the blame for the chlorophyll google searches.  Having raised two children, I know what lengths a mother will go to in an effort to protect her child.

Well, tomorrow the closing arguments will be shown live on HLN.  Guess who will be watching?  I, along with millions of others all around the word will be watching.  What makes this trial so different?  My own theory, a  beautiful unwed mother living in the midst of a dysfunctional family.

My thoughts on Judge Belvin Perry.  I like him immensely.  He is a no nonsense judge, as different as night and day from Judge Ito who presided over the OJ Simpson trial (yes I watched that one too.)  I give Judge Perry two thumbs up and Ito two thumbs down.

Actually one of the highlights of the trial was a young man who gave Attorney Jeff Ashton the bird.  Thankfully the jury was not present or there would have been a mistrial declared.

That about sums it up, I think that Casey Anthony is guilty.  However I am not sitting on that jury.  I think that there will be a swift verdict on this case.  We shall see.  I shall be watching.

Red heart  Beth

15 comments:

  1. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ It's certainly not my place to sit and judge cause in all honesty, I do not know all the facts but from what I have heard, read and seen on TV (and I may be ignorant to say so...) but I do think the prosecution has made a very strong case. When ever one of these high-profile cases come up, I always find myself wondering if I could convict someone if I didn't see the crime with my own eyes... "Reasonable doubt" is a powerful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ I certainly don't think Anthony's defense attorney did her any favors by being a constantly abrasive and cavalier douche. An attorney friend of mine said to me yesterday when we were talking about this very thing, that defense attorneys often become so preoccupied with coaching their client's behavior that they don't pay attention to how they, themselves, are coming-off to a jury.
    The operative part of reasonable doubt is the word "reasonable". In my opinion, and I am trying to understand Casey Anthony's side of things but... whatever punishment she gets is less offensive than what she did to her wee daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like courtroom stuff! I don't get to watch it much but it is riviting (if that's spelled right). I will be following the Whitey Bulger case as it is in my own back yard.
    I am also a big Perry Mason fan. He always won except for once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Perry Mason shows too. Last summer I taped all of his movies on Encore on DVR and I watched them all. They don't make 'em like old Perry anymore, well now I just made a funny. The judge in the Anthony trial is a Perry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope a just verdict in this trial will be reached soon. It's not looking good for Casey Anthony.

    Have a great 4t of July weekend

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. That trial is so confusing, but opening a package of bologna is too. He said she said and evidence how the little girl died? None. I dunno, the lawyers dragged the whole thing out and still. The jury will have a hard time I think.
    I liked Perry Mason too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her attorney was ill equipped for this case. But who could be with such ridiculous reasons that she gave? I wish they would have tackled more indepth into HER rather then everyone else. It seemed that every one else was on trial except for her! she sat there like some casual observer!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. i bet she gets off the hook partially.
    xox
    come see what i posted. jealous???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing the report on CNN this morning that closing arguments are set for tomorrow (Sunday) and deliberation is expected to begin on the 4th of July (Monday) was a little surprising.....almost as much as learning that an impartial jury could be seated after all the publicity this case has generated over the past couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard someone this morning on CNN say that it might be a HUNG JURY.. oh brother... how sad.. I agree Sis.. she really is guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Testing... 1, 2, 3 - Yeah... finally I can make comments again on Blogger! :) Have a great evening Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ We all have our own reasons to celebrate... so let's do just that, and celebrate all we have because of where we live, in either of the two greatest countries there are!
    If you celebrate the Fourth of July - Happy Independence Day. If you celebrate July 1st - Happy CANADA Day!
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2nbg1at.jpg
    The love of one's country is a splendid thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It remains to be seen how this whole mess will play out...I bet Carole's right though. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did they show the judge giving the jury their instructions? Sometimes that makes getting a verdict not as black and white as we would think. I know from what I've seen and heard, I would say she's guilty, but who knows how the instructions were written.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ for Cindy. They sure did. It seemed like forever but it actually took him about 45 minutes. The jurors were given many choices to choose from.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)