It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Keeping busy…

despite the unrelenting heat.  At this very moment after having checked with my weather scanner, it is 97 degrees and the heat index is 116.  The air conditioner keeps running non stop.

I have been busy sorting through old pictures, desperately searching for one particular photo.  I have sorted through hundreds of photos, putting lots in the computer, via my new scanner.  I have sorted in piles, one for my daughter, one for my niece, one for throwaway and an enormous pile for final sorting.  I have to check with my son and see if he wants any of these.  Why oh why, did I think I needed 2 copies of every photo I ever took?  Still no luck with finding the one pic I have been searching for.  I did find this pic of me taken when I was 5 years old.

img067

You may click to enlarge if you would like to print this off to use for target practice. 

Otherwise I haven’t done  tiddley poop today.  The furniture is unwaxed, the sweeper not run, the dishes not done.  Told you all, I have been knee deep in old photos.  Besides taking time out to fix me a hamburger for lunch (which was very unsatisfactory by the way, having been eaten on stale bread).  Plus you all know my motto, who’s gonna care 100 years from now.

Staying put, waiting impatiently for it to cool down. 

Red heart  Beth

14 comments:

  1. You look adorable in the photo. You made me think of the boxes of photos I have stuffed in my closet marked Please Sort Me!
    It is way too hot for way too long here. Couldn't they seed the clouds for rain? I dunno. Keep busy as this heat wave is moving from here to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so cute! I love going through old pictures. I went through some the other day. I hope you find the one you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! What a cute picture. You are way too cute to use for target practice. :)
    It is hot and humid here in southern Ontario, Canada also. Thank goodness for a/c.

    I just got home from work, had supper, and soon heading over to my mom's to check on her.

    I have lots of film photos I should short some day, and scan in also. It all takes time.
    Well you take care and try and stay cool.
    Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep telling my family we need to get together and bring photos to sort and trade. Guess you would call it a photo-op party. Haven't done a darn thing here either. I live by your motto. Now who could through darts at that cute little face?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good idea to sorting old pictures in the hot weather time.
    Your cute picture that I can see in around your eyes.
    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have loads of 35MM prints around here somewhere. Luckily Frankie "put them away" so I may never have to sort them unless she stumbles across them while looking for some other thing she "put away".

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were so cute in that photo! Your dress is precious!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. My, I bet you wish you had our mid-eighties with no humidity to speak today. I've got to brag since when winter comes along our cold usually puts the entire country to shame outside of Alaska. I hope you find all the photos you've been searching for and get them all saved. I've pretty much given up on our old printed ones at this point...scanner or no. It took an eternity for me to resurrect some of them for a few blogs of my past trips abroad...utterly miserable job. Bless you my friend, have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you guys are hotter than we are!!! We had a heat index of just 104. I can appreciate what you're going thru though, Twin. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks just like you still. you have changed little. seriouly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, when did your hair get dark. Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh it's so adorable! So NOT target practice! :)

    Hope it cools down soon for you. And that dinner is better because lunch sure sounded like a bummer :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth you cutie! Tiddily poop? Perhaps a gentle laxative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a lovely photo Beth , it's good to sort out the old photo's from time to time. Hope the weather is cooling for you Beth. Hugs Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)