It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, May 20, 2011

I am worn out…

after a morning of garage sales.  I should amend that statement to say pleasantly exhausted.  I found some cookbooks this morning and a Karen Robards hard back.  As I was packing to sell my house and have several moving sales I sold almost all of my cookbooks.  I have regretted it to this day.  I am one of those people who love to sit down with a cookbook and read it from cover to cover.  I take most recipes and make them my own by experimentation.  I do love to cook, I always have.  What I don’t like is the cleanup, plus there is only me and my freezer will only hold so much.  And then too, there is my back which really complains if I stand for too long in the same place.

After the garage sales we stopped by Wendy’s for a chicken sandwich.  I did not count the calories, I just enjoyed.  And then on, winging our way over to Wal*Mart where I purchased geraniums and marigolds.  My daughter came home with me and helped me get them planted.

Did anyone watch the Mentalist last night? That Simon Baker is such a hunk, makes me wish I was 20 or 30 years younger.  Winking smile  Anyway Patrick Jane shot and killed Red John, put the gun on the table and put his hands in the air as the fuzz were crowding in.  Now we have to wait until fall to find out what happens.  Since Baker is the star of the show and it has been renewed for next season I imagine they will figure something out.

Time to get off here and do something, anything.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Red heart  Beth

13 comments:

  1. I love cookbooks! I have a pletherah of em. Take
    er easy now, I am ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people love the thrill of the hunt at garage sales... a great way for some people to find bargains. Such as yourself, and those cookbooks. I have a couple of cookbooks in my kitchen pantry, mostly 'extra easy meals in minutes’ cookbooks. These days, one can go on-line and check out recipes too. Being a bachelor, quick and easy recipes save me from starving.
    I like Wendy's because they have a better selection on healthy food alternatives than most other fast food places and the value menu is really good too. FROSTIES ARE SOOOO GOOD! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sympathize Beth, I got rid of a lot of very good dog books when I went through a 'i'm going to die soon' phase when I slipped a couple of discs and couldn't walk, here I am almost 6 years on, and minus my books. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,

    My back complains about that too. However do not do much cooking these days, only evening meals.
    Hope you have a great weekend

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  5. T.G.I.F. --- Here's hoping that you make the most of this weekend... and remember, as long as you're happy and smiling, doesn't matter how crazy people think you are.
    --> http://i55.tinypic.com/314cpbm.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love garage sales, but I havent been to one in such a long time.And like you I love cookbooks... I made the mistake of lending my favorite cookbook that I had for such a long time.. She move away and I never got my cookbook back darn it. Have a great weekend dear friend. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try and stay away from cooking and cookbooks as they make me gain weight easily, from trying out the recipes.. I've been staying strong lately and haven't been comfort eating or anything and my weights been good and in the healthy range...

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, NO, No, closing my eyes and my ears Beth, Shucks!! Simon Baker aka Patrick Jane as the Mentalist is a firm favourite of mine (lusting!!) and we're so far behind you here in England that I am singing aloud and not looking and telling myself I didn't read what you've just written. LOL!!!
    I used to do a lot of baking, but somehow over the past few years it all tailed off, time and effort I suppose, but good to read you've found some cook books Beth, I can smell the lovely aroma of future baking from here. (send a few crumbs won't you? ;-) ) ... Hugs to you and have a wonderful week-end ... xPenx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you Beth I do like experimenting with recipes and it turns out good and mabybe better than I thought. Have a lovely weekend hope the sunshine where you are Hugs Sheila X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I avoid cooking if at all possible, lol. When the hubby does it better it just let him do it. For some reason I don't do garage sales much if hardly ever. Don't know why, just don't go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Planning on doing a little garage saling this morning too! Haven't been out to them much yet this year. May break down and have my own this summer too---and NO, I won't sell any of my cookbooks! Good ones are too hard to replace! Enjoy your marigolds and geraniums and all that nice sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went to a church rummage sale this morning and scored big time on some really nice marking pens. Love going to those things. Everything at this one was 50 cents, unless marked differently. I got lots of good stuff for $3.50.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just an FYI Beth. I don't know what the problem is, but it's taken quite awhile for the word verification to appear when I left both of these comments. Like minutes...probably something with Blogger, but I thought I'd let you know in case other comments aren't appearing.

    Okay, this time it popped right up. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)