It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, March 4, 2011

Oh NO!

The day is over half done and I have done an extra good job of doing nothing much.  Today is my niece’s birthday and I had her over for cheeseburgers, chips and baked beans.  And, well, since there was a birthday involved that meant a birthday cake.  For Pete’s sake, no one should ever have a birthday without having a cake.  That meant yesterday I had to bake a birthday cake, an orange bundt cake (recipe on my recipe site) with butter cream frosting.  OK, so that wore me out yesterday.  I mean, I usually go to the store and just buy a cake, but I thought what the heck,  I will bake a cake.  Which I did, and it turned out to be very tasty indeed.  But that was yesterday and this is today.  So, my niece left to go home a few minutes ago.

Then the doing nothing started.  I stripped my bed and I have the washer and dryer both going now so I am doing nothing running back and forth to the laundry room.  Now I am back from taking a load of clothes from the dryer and putting another load in.  So much for doing nothing.  I am worn out from it.  I think I will quit doing nothing and rest awhile.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Red heart  Beth

14 comments:

  1. TGIF! I only wish that my darn foot wasn't so sore...don't know what I did to it but I'm keeping it wrapped and on the heating pad. You sound like you've been busy, I bet that cake was wonderful. We buy our cakes often enough now though Lovely has made many a wedding and birthday cake in the past. I love the treat of a homemade cake when it comes along! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you made me laugh. I may have a few things going on at once here and it seems I am sitting here at the computer? Thunder an lightening and rain right now. I could go out and sing in the rain huh? Birthday cake and cheeseburgers sounds yummy! May tomorrow be filled with what you got done today. Or something like that ennaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It made me laugh too, I admit I get worn out just thinking about how much I ought to be doing.
    I'm going to look at the cake recipe though I unfortunately won't have time to make anything for Sarah's birthday due to the kitchen man coming up to-morrow, in fact I'm worrying if i'll get time to have a bath and wash my hair. I will have to try and get time to put on the bread maker and do a loaf, fortunately that doesn't take any actual baking.
    Love the St Patrick's day site, Think I ough tto change mine too,
    Thanks for stopping by, you are an angel, just like you headers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth I just left a long comment at Toodies place so I'm too tired to say much more. I am however an expert at doing nothing, if you need any tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth,

    lol - Hope you have a good week, doing nothing

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your day was a treat to read, and I feel exhauseted just reading it. It's a very constructive way to do nothing though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you done right things to made birthday cake for your niece's.
    I'm not happy todays because Carole's hurt herself and hope it getting better by tomorrow?
    I wented at the fish market and wash my car.
    And I have no energy left with me.
    Today 10C-23C beautiful Autumn weather..
    Have a sweet dream !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're having a well earned rest Beth, after all that to-ing and fro-ing...and that Birthday cake sounds to die for..Butter cream frosting?
    mmm mm.not that I have a sweet tooth or anything!! ;-) Have a wonderful, restful, rest of the week-end ... xxPenxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I hear ya! sometimes after a day of robotically running from errand to errand chore to chore I sit down and when my husband asks what I did today for the life of me I cant remember a thing~I call it mommy auto-pilot! Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doing nothing has a way of wearing me out too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to get some time to stop and visit you here. Hope your weekend goes well. My list of chores gets longer by the day.. I hope to get caught up soon! Take care Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Beth on making the Birthday Cake, Must admit I have never attempted to make my own.It is indeed very tiring all this housework , take it easier today. Hugs Sheilax

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a blessing for your niece to have you close! That cake sounds wonderful. Isn't it amazing how much doing nothing can tire a person!? :) I suspect you won't continue doing nothing for long.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how delicious that birthday cake sounds. Of course if i could just get the bowl of icing, I would be just as happy!

    Today I cleaned house, went out, got groceries, and I have read the Sunday paper and blog walked. Can't beat that with a stick.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)