It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, February 25, 2011

Only 4 inches of snow this time…

and I have just come inside from sweeping the snow off my car.  It is cold and my fingers are frozen right through my gloves.  There is a pretty brisk wind blowing, but hey guys, right this minute  there is only 23 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes and 9 seconds till the first day of Spring.  It is pretty outside this morning.  The sun is shining brightly after the storm and everything is white again.

I am planning to make some pineapple muffins this morning.  Twin, do you remember when I gave you the recipe and you had a big hit with them? This time I will be trying my new big muffin pan that my daughter got me for Christmas.  She even found me some paper liners to fit the pan.  I also plan to put a streusel topping on them today.

Pineapple Muffins

•1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)

•1 & 1/2 cups sugar

•2 eggs (beaten)

•2 & 1/2 cups flour

•2 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

•1 & 1/2 cups crushed pineapple (undrained)

•1/2 teaspoon salt

•1 teaspoon vanilla

•1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts

With mixer cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and crushed pineapple. Mix well. Mix the flour, salt and baking powder together. Add to first mixture mixing well. Fill muffin tins lined with paper or sprayed with cooking spray 2/3 full. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 18 – 20 minutes or test with toothpick. Makes about 2 dozen small or about 1 dozen large.

May also be baked in mini loaf pans or large muffin tins with paper liners or sprayed with cooking spray. Test for doneness with toothpick after 20 – 25 minutes. May be glazed or frosted or you may put a streusel topping on before baking.

Before I make the muffins I am coming around to visit you all.

Have a peaceful weekend.

Red heart   Beth

13 comments:

  1. Boy, do I ever remember these! They are delicious and they sure were a HUGE hot when I took them to work. Traffic in and out to the kitchen there was needing a traffic light. They didn't last long.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, sounds good, I love pineapple - Hope you have a good weekend Beth and plenty of good restful sleeps. Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy do they sound good. Pineapple is on of my favorite foods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was much more dismayed by the return of the brutal cold then I was the snow this time. Like you say the countdown continues not matter what the weather throws our way! We're still away from home with highs today around 32...could be worse I suppose. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow is slowly going away here. But freezing temps at night are still coming, along with rain tomorrow. An icy mess is on the way for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those muffins sounds wonderful. Garry loves pineapple, so I know they'd be a 'hit' in this house. I'm bookmarking this in my recipe folder. I don't have any crushed pineapple or I'd make them today.
    We had lots of rain yesterday and last night. Today is much cooler...in 30's and cloudy. I would love to share in your sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ONLY (?) 4 inches of snow? LOL! I must try those muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Only' four inches of snow. goodness it's almost spring here, though still chilly, but hopefully snow is now just a memory.
    These muffins sound good enough to eat. :-)), they're definitely worth trying, I can't remember the flour Beth do remind me, Self raising or plain.?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Beth! you still have snow in your area..
    hopefully your lovely pineapple muffins does makes everybody happy then blown way your yucky snow.
    I loved muffins in all fruits,I would try your pineapple muffins recipe for my G-daughter:-)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why hello there… guess who this is? You guessed it. Just stopping by to wish you a terrific week, hoping that it goes smooth for you.
    http://i55.tinypic.com/2yyvwyg.gif

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've been getting rain all day which is really knocking down the piles of snow. Of course it will freeze tonight.
    I'll make some coffee you bring the muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pineapple and these muffins sound so good. I hope you get warm weather soon.Gonna be about 32F here tonight after bad weather last night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, I thought you'd make the muffins, then call around and leave us all one each? Never mind... better luck next time Pen!! :-)
    we've been rained on for about three consecutive days now, but I wouldn't swap that for snow...no sirree!!... Hope it clears soon Beth.....xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)