It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Good Morning Sunshine…

Yes, the sun is shining this morning but it is still bitter cold with below zero wind chills.  Will it ever warm up?  Only 39 more days till spring.  For those of you who have asked me if it magically turns warm on the first day of spring; no, it doesn’t.  The promise is there though with brighter days to come and an occasional 60 degree temperature.  I have seen snow before in April and way below zero real temp  several times in February.  However, spring in Illinois is beautiful.  It gives me hope for the future.  Please scroll further down on my blog to see a Spring in Illinois slide show.
I have an appointment with my tax accountant tomorrow morning at 9AM.  This means I have to go from my computer to my kitchen table in a few minutes and try and get all of the crappola in order.  I hate tax time.
Yesterday was a semi-productive day.  With my little can of putty I went around this place filling in little cracks here and there.  Man, I love putty, it is good for mending all kinds of things.  I think I will ask maintenance to put me on the payroll.  Smile  My neighbors Joe and Deb have kept ice melt sprinkled on the back sidewalk all winter so I think they should be on the payroll too.  I keep a snow shovel by my back door that comes in handy too.
This is short today because the tax stuff is calling.  Stay safe and be happy!
Red heart  Beth

10 comments:

  1. I hate tax time too. I think you should be on the payroll and promote you to maintenance supervisor ;-) I won't even mention the brutal cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taxes are things that must be done but I never look forward to it though ours are very simple all in all. We will be heading over to Chicago soon...I really hope that it manages to be reasonable when we go...I sure don't want to get caught in a snow storm and get trapped. The subtle changes of spring heading our way will be more obvious once daylight savings kick in next month I suppose. Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wait until April to do mine, hate it too.
    I remember snow in April and March of the same year, when I lived in Carthage , MS, a long time ago, about 1968 or '69.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, I must see that all of the forms have arrived in the mail and then, it's off to the accountant for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth, Rather interesting that it is tax time for you. Our financial year runs from July 1st to June 30th and we have until Oct 31st to lodge our return, if you have your return done by an accountant that gives you an extra twelve months before you need to lodge it. I usually like to get it over and done with though. I smiled at the little tub of putty - always great to have everything fixed up and looking nice. You're such a hard worker! Take care dear friend! With love and care from Kerrie. xOx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No sunshine here today... was a very grey day. This winter will make us appreciate spring all that much more. Spring is beautiful in KY, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a pretty sideshow Beth those flowers bring a smile to my face. As I'm singing along with your music tral tral lala . Hope your taxes don't give you a headache Hugs Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to catch up with your day Beth, and we had a Spring day yesterday, I walked to the shops in full sunshine...No wind at all to speak of and it made everyone smile...
    Hope the Tax forms are completed soon, and putty filling is once again on the menu of jobs to make you smile ...(You should be on the payroll!!) x Pen and Her Maj x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! You need to things right then when you get tax return on payment time you will enjoy it too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you don't have to use that shovel to often Beth Marie, The weather is lovely and warm here at the moment....
    Have a lovely Valintines

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)