It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, July 2, 2010

Retro Post

9/16/2006
Saturday...
Beautiful day today. Sunny, breezy and about 84 degrees. It would have been a good day for yard work. I have winterizing I have to do (drain the water hose and put it up, etc.) I am waiting to ask our neighbor for a hand with that. Our son stopped by to see his dad today and brought him a birthday present.

Our daughter was here yesterday. She helped me defrost the freezer in the garage. A pretty nasty job. I didn't realize how much stuff was in there. I found 2 turkeys and gave one to our neighbor that helps us so much. I want to use all of the meat out of it and unplug it. Our power company, Ameren CIPS, is raising our rates 45%. And...we really don't need it as for the last 6 months we have eaten over half our meals at the hospital. ;o)

M. also planted grass seed for us on the front lawn where we got our new curb. We really appreciated all of her hard work.

Next Thursday the 21st is Jim's birthday and the 25th is mine. I hope we are able to stay out of the hospital through those days anyway. I would like to have an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. I used to like DQ ice cream cakes but they have gotten so stingy with the filling it is just like eating hard DQ.

I probably won't be posting nearly as much as usual. I am totally worn out, brought home to me full force these last few months.

Jim slept fairly well last night. This was good because the night before neither one of us got any rest.

Stay safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)