It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Retro Post 11/3/2006

11/3/2006
Jim is home with me...
My dearest friends. I am just now on the computer for the first time in over a week. I spent day and night at the hospital. Jim has survived dialysis twice, heart problems and 10 units of blood. Tonight he came home with me. When we went in the hospital a week ago last Wednesday I was afraid that he wouldn't be coming home again. Today the nurses called him a miracle. There will be no more chemo unless the doctor comes up with a kinder version. This salvage chemo is a killer and the doctor himself said it was too much for Jim.

His kidney function is improving. Today it was 3.4 (creatine). On Saturday it was 5.9. It should be 1 or below. Last Saturday morning I received word that Jim's sister in Florida passed away. The doctor's told me that I couldn't tell him as his heart was misbehaving. Finally yesterday I told him. I had kept that inside me for almost a week and I was becoming a total emotional wreck. It was heartbreaking for him and he just looked at me and said that he wondered why she hadn't called all week.

The power of prayer is awesome. Thank you all!!

Rose, my dear friend, it was so good to talk to you on the phone last night. I am glad you got a space and I am coming to visit it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)