It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Retro Post

7/13/2006
Yes, it's Thursday again...
Jim's sister and his neice arrived from Florida yesterday evening. We had a nice visit, then they went to their motel (their preference as they like to sleep late, etc.)

Tomorrow I will start fixing food for Saturday. Right now the menu is hamburgers, brats, baked beans, potato salad, mandarin orange salad, and deviled eggs. Our daughter is bringing pineapple upside down cake and a salad. I requested this as it is my favorite cake. Jim's nephew from Wisconsin is bringing Wisconsin brats and cheese. He says they are better than the brats here. I will take any and all food offerings as it will ease my load a little bit. I was cleaning a drawer the other day and found a recipe for pistachio (Watergate) salad. I found some of the pistachio pudding in the store so I am going to make that. Remember the days of the watergate salad, watergate cake, etc., all made with pistachio pudding? I think that was 100 years ago.

WATERGATE SALAD

1 PKG (4 SERVING SIZE) Jello Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice
1 cup minature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 3/4 cup Cool Whip (purists may use real whipped cream)

Stir pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in large bowl until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate at least one hour.

I must get off of the computer. I am fixing roast, carrots, and potatoes for the noon meal. Plus our first picking of green beans from the garden.

Have a good day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)