It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Retro Post

7/2/2006
Sunday...
We are home from the hospital a few minutes ago. They kept Jim overnight because they used a new drug in the chemo and were watching for any side effects. So far, so good! It had been exactly one year ago when he had his last chemo treatment. We had about 9 months where he felt good and was able to get out and go places. I thank God for that time.

It is very hot here today. 94.5 as I read it. Too hot to do anything outside so I will tackle the watering of the flowers and garden when it is cooler this evening. I wonder if I will be serenaded tonight from 2 doors down. If so, I would request George Jones instead of Charlie Daniels. E., the Nascar/Gordon fan, has decorated for the 4th and has a big sign that says 'honk for freedom' on it in his front yard. I think he puts this sign out and then leaves. That is what he did last year. lol The traffic in our little town is not so heavy that we only hear a horn honk every few minutes. I'll honk for freedom myself!!

Heartfelt thanks to each of you for your comments and your prayers. We love you all! God Bless You!

1 comment:

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)