It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Retro Post

6/21/2006
Wednesday...
Very hot and humid here today. 91.2 degrees right now.

Jim slept better last night. Thank God. I feel more rested today and I have cleaned both bathrooms, something I hate to do. It is too humid to work outside. Tomorrow morning early I will tackle the weeds in the garden again. There are lots of blooms now on the tomato plants. I can't wait for a bacon tomato sandwich.

The city started yesterday to put a curb on our street. We have lived here all these many years with no curb. Today they are working in another part of town. That is the problem with a small town. Everybody knows everybody and they do a little work here and a little work there trying to appease everybody. Small town politics at it's very best. ;o) I suspect we will not see a finished curb this time next year. It is amazing though how the work all gets finished on the mayor's street and few select ones.

*** "When I think of all the stars in the sky, and all of the grains of sand on the earth, my problems seem to fade away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)