It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Retro Post

5/12/2006
In shock...
A most remarkable thing happened this everning. The phone rang. That in itself is not particularly remarkable as it happens frequently. The remarkable thing about the call was the caller.

I said "Hello."
He said "Hi, this is Dr. J., may I speak to your husband please?"
I said "Yes, he's right here, hold just a minute please."

Jim gets on the phone, "Hello."
Dr. J. said "Hi Jim, I am just calling to see how you are feeling and if you have any concerns of any kind."
Jim said "I am sore at the incisions but I am feeling better every day."
Dr. J. said that was to be expected and that the soreness would go away. He then said goodbye and he would see Jim at the followup visit on the 23rd.

I know that by now you are thinking what is so remarkable about this phone call.

OK, here it is. Jim has had numerous serious surgeries and this is the first time ever that a doctor (in this case the surgeon who performed the emergency appendectomy) has called our home and inquired about his well-being.

Restores my faith in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)